Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Dangerous Trip

I have been running, even though I haven't been blogging about it.  I bought a used jogger stroller a couple of weeks ago.  It is amazing!  It is a Schwinn M3.  I got it from the classified ads for $65. 

I think the last time I wrote, I was complaining that my stroller was veering hard right.  It was just way too hard to keep running with it.  When I found the new jogger, I had to snag it up quickly. 

Last night I went running.  It has been sweltering hot here, but I need to continue my training.  I have decided that I am going to do the Layton Syracuse half marathon.  I still have about 2 1/2 months to train.  I decided that I would run along a trail that has some shade, instead of around my usual loop that has very little shade.  It was the first time I ran this part of the trail.

There is point of the trail that crosses the street.  Right before the street, there was uneven concrete.  Since I had never run, or walked, this area before, I didn't know it was there.  I tripped over the concrete.  If I hadn't regained my balance, I was very aware that I was going to land directly in the road in front a moving vehicle.  It took a lot to regain my balance, but I didn't want to end up as roadkill.

While running, I am not looking consistently at the ground.  That could have been the cause of my demise.  Thankfully, it wasn't. 

Today, I went to the City Building and notified them of that problem.  It could be a death trap.  No runner (or anyone) wants to go out for a stroll and never come home. 

I went to Wal-Mart today with my mom.  On the magazine racks, there was the "People Magazine."  On the cover were three women who are now amputees because of the Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack.  It broke my heart.  They didn't go to the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013, and plan to lose parts of their legs.  Others didn't go and plan to suffer injuries or death.  I am horrified by what some people will do to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment