Monday, June 24, 2013

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream...

For Ice Cream! 

I admitted today on my facebook page that I have an addiction.  It is an addiction to ice cream.  Ice cream is my vice, my Kryptonite, so to say.  I run and run and run.  Then I eat ice cream.  Or I eat ice cream, and then I run and run and run.  I need to give up ice cream.  I think I will get into shape much quicker without it.  Perhaps if I just ate ice cream, it wouldn't be quite as bad.  The problem is, I feel the need to add chocolate chips, banana (ok, the banana isn't really bad), M&Ms (if I have them), chocolate syrup (if I feel like it) and whipped cream.

My plan is to find healthy substitutes.  Some of my friends on Facebook have suggested frozen bananas, mangoes, yogurt, homemade smoothies, and just not having ice cream in the house.  These are all good suggestions.  I think I will definitely have to go with not having it in the house.  If it is here, it has to be eaten.  I prefer to be the one to do the eating. 

I decided I would go for a run today at 4:30 pm.  I put my sons and my toddler in the van and off we went to the park.  The wind was blowing fiercely.  When I got there, I thought I should warn them to stay away from trees so the trees wouldn't fall on them.  Then I decided that if I had to make that warning, I probably shouldn't be there.  We didn't even get out of the van.  I turned around and went home. 

I then decided that I would run when my husband got home from work.  I figured he could watch the children while I ran.  When he arrived home, I asked him if he wanted to eat before or after I went running.  He decided that he wanted to go too.  We put the children in the van and off we went.  It was still really windy, but since he would be there to watch out for them, I felt much more secure. 

I ran my four miles.  It took 45 minutes and 20 seconds. This is faster than 11.5 min/mile.  I was happy with it, especially with how hard the wind was blowing.  I am not sure how hard some of those gusts were, but it some of them were really strong gusts.

On my last lap, it started raining...HARD.  I ran as fast as I could, directly for the van.  Keith had already went to the van and had the children inside before the rain started.  I just had to do that last lap.  I figured that since there was only a 5% chance of rain, the dds were with me.  That it would just be really windy, the clouds would pass, and no rain would fall.  I am glad it rained though.  It was a cool rain, which felt really good at the end of the run.  We need rain here in Utah.  It is drought stricken.  It didn't rain for long, but any rain (without lightning) we can get, is good.  Lightning is bad, it starts fires, since it is so dry here. 

Last week I ran 13 miles.  On August 31, I will run 13.1 miles.  I still have a long way to go in order to get to that point.  I will have a lot of training miles to go.  I am excited to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment