Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Running with a Jogging Stroller

Today was a two-mile run.  I have a jogger, it is an old jogger.  My brother bought it at a consignment shop to use with his daughter.  She will be eight soon.  I adopted the jogger from him.  I have never ran with a jogger before.  Can I just say, it is a whole new experience!

I placed the jogger in the van before heading out to bring my children to their respective schools.  After getting them to school, I had to head to Wal-Mart.  I had to get a bicycle pump so I could pump up the tires of the jogger.  They had been flat, for a long time.  I pumped up the tires in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  

I had been running two miles in under 23 minutes, barely under 23 minutes, but under 23 minutes, nonetheless.  It was a different route today.  I don't know if it is more than two miles.  It is supposed to be a 1/4 mile loop.  I ran around it 8 times.  It was just under 29 minutes when I finished.  I don't know if it is because I was pushing a 21 pound baby and a jogger.  I don't know if it is because  I can't pump my arms when pushing the jogger.  I don't know if the two mile run ended up being closer than three miles.  I do know, I was pooped out by the time I finished the eighth lap.  After the run, I took a picture of my daughter and I.  I had run with her in a stroller a few times before now, but this is going to be serious.  Here we are:




My baby had fallen to sleep between Wal-Mart and the trail.  She stayed asleep as I put her in the jogger. I am not sure at what point she woke up, but by the time I finished, she was awake.  She was not making a sound.  I don't know if she was just enjoying the ride or what was going on.  I had her all bundled up because I didn't know if she would get cold as I was pushing her. 

I have a three mile run on Saturday.  I will do this run without her since my husband will be home to take care of her.  I haven't run three miles since last year, and I only ran it once.  This should be interesting :) 

If any of you reading this have run with a jogger stroller and can give some input about the time difference, it would be appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment