Monday, September 2, 2013

I Got...

113th place out of 124 female runners.  Although I planned to do much better before I started, I am happy that I finished.  I salute everyone that ran in the race, whether they were in first, middle or last place.  It was not a good day for running a race, but we did it.  My time was 3:03:24.  It was wonderful to see the finish line at the end. 

The thing I am most thankful for is that I did not sign up for the full marathon that day!  I am thankful that I was able to cross the finish line and know that I gave it my all.  That is all I could expect from myself.  I plan to do better next time and I never plan to run further than a 10K in the months of June, July or August again.  I will have to think about May!  :) 

I am planning to sign up for a Halloween Half-Marathon that will take place on October 26.  The weather should be much more desirable for running by then. 

My blog will continue with regular updates on those training runs and other fitness and health endeavors I am embarking on.

1 comment: