Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hot, Hot, Hot!!

I am wondering if I will ever see a temperature below 90 again.  Even after 8 pm, it was still in the 90s.  It makes it very hard to want to go for a run.  I waited as long as I possibly could to go running and know that I should end with some sunlight still looming.

I had to run 4 miles today.  I did the 4 miles.  Four very sweaty miles.  I was pushing my toddler in the jogger.  She hates going through the sprinklers.  As much as I would have LOVED to run through each sprinkler that was spraying the trail, I avoided them.  I think she appreciated it. 

I don't know when it is going to cool down again.  My preferred temperature is mid 70s.  50s or 60s are good for running also.  I don't want snow.  I would prefer this weather over snow.  Snow makes it hard to run.  It gets really slippery!  I always hope that the trail has been cleared of snow or the sidewalks.  Sometimes it is just hope. 

Tomorrow I have to do 2 miles.  I might try to get those done a little earlier.  I enjoy running, I just hate thinking that I could die of a heat stroke with my children on the playground and my toddler in the jogger.  I need to figure out a way to get in the runs and stay cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment