Saturday, August 17, 2013

Waited Too Long

Today was a ten mile run.  Well, it was supposed to be a ten mile run.  Today was a two mile run.  I waited until way too late to start my run.  10:00 AM shouldn't be way too late, but with how hot it is around here, it was. 

I had decided to run around my block 16 times.  By the time I had finished 3 times around, which is 2 miles, I was a sweaty mess.  There is very little shade around my block.  It was horrible.  On my third time around, one of my fellow church members, who is an older gentleman, told me to not overdo it.  I took that to heart.  As the sweat was dripping, I imagined that one of my parents would have said the same thing to me.  My parents aren't here to tell me to be careful, so I need to listen to the advice of others around me. 

I would love to get in the other eight miles later this evening, when it has cooled down.  I figure if I start by 6:30 I should be okay to get it in.  We shall see.

I had my baby at the ER last night and didn't get home until 1 AM, which made it nearly impossible for me to get up at a decent time.  I didn't fall to sleep until well after 2 AM.  I would have been ill-advised, I believe, to wake up and run being exhausted.

The ER doctor couldn't pinpoint exactly what was wrong with her.  She spiked a fever of 101 degrees, she has a cough, and a runny nose, she was in apparent pain when she was trying to go to sleep.  She could just be teething, I suppose.  She is still missing four teeth.  My brother called her the "anti-vampire."  It is those teeth that she still hasn't gotten.

I didn't want to run the trail today, because I wanted to be close to home in case my husband needed me.  It makes it way too easy for me to stop running when I pass my house each time around. 

I hope to be able to state that later that I did eight more miles, we shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment